2022-2023: A Year in Review
The Rotary Club of Appleton had a great year due to the hard work of Club members and our great administrative assistant, Kathy Dreyer. The Club’s Management Plan was very helpful in managing the governance of the Club and connecting the activities of the various committees with members of the Club’s Board of Directors. The Club’s members showed their commitment to service above self in many ways including on the following committees:
- Service Above Self – Community Service
- Program, Recognition, Music, Rotarian of the Day, Rotary Coffees, Community Table Event and Communication – Club Service
- World Service
- Youth Service & Education Awards
- Community Service/Arts Awards
- Bright Futures Awards
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award, Rotary Youth Exchange and International Study Fellowships
- Children with Disabilities Grants
- Interact Club
- Rotary International Foundation
- Appleton Rotary Foundation
Members of various backgrounds, perspectives, thoughts, and cultures met at various Club meeting locations for luncheon programs, networking, and fellowship. Members demonstrated that developing acquaintance as an opportunity for service benefits our local community and our world by volunteering for projects such as native planting at Lawrence University, sorting and hanging clothes at Community Clothes Closet, food packaging at Feeding America, bell ringing for Salvation Army, packing hygiene kits with the Girl Scouts, participating in a collection drive for Wisconsin/Nicaragua Partners, and diaper repackaging for the United Way Diaper Bank.
The Club began a visioning process to chart its future for building upon the work of members who preceded us in service.